Sunday, May 10, 2020

Struggles

The struggle is beyond the planting and raising. 

From the first moments, a mother welcomes the little life of her baby into this world, she understands the responsibility that comes with being a mother. For some, the pressure is too great, but for many others, it’s a noble calling filled with ups and downs. In the end, raising children is the most fulfilling venture in human existence.

But the struggle doesn’t go away at graduation. Perhaps as the mother’s body nurtures that baby while it grows in her womb, so parenting nurtures that child’s life while it's still at home. Time will tell if the effort, the wisdom, the sacrifice, the struggle a parent goes through for 18 years was successful or not.

Every God-fearing parent surely longs to hear the news that John heard about those worshiping with Gaius in 3 John 4, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” But walking in the truth is more than going to church; it’s living according to the kingdom of God. This helps us see the roles of parents in a child’s life – to teach kingdom principles!

Proverbs 1:8-10, “Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck. My son, if sinful men entice you, do not give in to them…”

Psalms 119:9-11, “How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”

Share God’s word with your children. They grow up to be men and women who will be faced with decisions of morality, faithfulness, and justice. How will they do it alone? Mothers wear the burden of parenting their entire life. To see their children utilize discernment and wisdom brings such a wonderful sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment