Sunday, August 13, 2017

Help!

“Help!” is a word that brings panic to any situation. But within that same word is a plea filled with hope. God’s word consists of descriptions of God’s actions, His thoughts, and ultimately His will. Therefore, when we read God’s word, when we meditate on it, when we do what it says, we are following the healing, redemptive, powerful guidance of God Himself.

Psalms 119:147, “I cry out for help and put my hope in Your words.”
Psalms 18:6, “But in my distress, I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to Him reached His ears.”
Psalms 56:9, “My enemies will retreat when I call to You for help. This I know: God is on my side!”

All throughout the book of Psalms we read of people’s plea for help to the one who can heal, deliver, protect. God is our physician, our redeemer, and our comforter. The medicine He prescribes is found in His Holy Word (Psalms 107:20, John 1:14).

In Proverbs 4:20-22 Solomon says, “My son, attend to my words; incline your ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.”

God's Word is the medicine given to us by our Creator to aid in our infirmities, our fears, our struggles. We are expected to follow the directions for the medication given by doctors; how about the medicine God prescribes? We honor God as the great physician by taking the powerful medicine He gives us, the Word of God.

Hebrews 4:12, “For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.”

“God so loved the world that He sent His only son…”, or as John said of “His only son” in 1 John 1:1-2, “He is the Word of life. This one who is life itself was revealed to us, and we have seen Him. And now we testify and proclaim to you that He is the one who is eternal life.”

If you haven’t read, meditated on, or studied the words of God recently, then realize you’re missing out on an invaluable resource sent from the creator of the universe, a gift that helps, protects, redeems, heals, and guides your life.

Psalms 119:34-35, “Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions; I will put them into practice with all my heart. Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found.”

No comments:

Post a Comment