Saturday, June 18, 2016

Being like Dad

As I ponder over the years I’ve lived,
I know you’re by my side.
Guiding me in every step I take
From that I will not hide.

Your love for me is forever strong,
Your words were always right.
Every day since I was born,
Your love has been my light.

You’ll always be my father,
I’ll always be your son.
Until I see your face again,
I won’t stop until I’m done

The work you set my hands to do
Is to help the world to see,
That you truly are a loving God,
which they’ll know by watching me.

Can we be bold enough to echo the words of Paul in 1 Corinthians 11:1, “And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ”? Jesus understood that the best and only way for people to truly see the heart of the Father was to do what the Father did. Therefore, it was vitally important that He listened to His Father, understood His Father, and loved His Father. Otherwise, He wouldn’t have done all that He did for us.

The same is true for each of us. If we want others to see and understand the Father’s heart, we have to be “imitators of Him.” Thankfully, God designed the family to serve as a miniature earthly model of God’s relationship with mankind. The father = God, family = multitudes of people, wife = church (bride of Christ). When each part understands how they fit into God’s grand design, people will see God. When it’s butchered by Satan, people can’t see how a father relates to God or the wife relates to the church.

Matthew 5:16, “In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.”

No comments:

Post a Comment